SnGlam Finds covers products we think you’ll love. Featured products are independently selected and linked to for your convenience. If you buy something using a link on this page, Forbes may receive a small share of that sale.
Fresh off his surprise performances on the Coachella stage a couple weeks back with headliner Beyoncé (“Mi Gente”) and up-and-comer Cardi B (“I Like It”), J Balvin announced Monday that he looks to keep his momentum rolling with his upcoming “Vibras” tour later this year.
This 27-date U.S. tour is scheduled to promote the new album release on May 25th. So far this year, J Balvin has released two singles from Vibras—”Machika” featuring Jeon and Anita and “Ahora.” He’s also teamed up with Haitian-born producer Michael Brun on the energetic “Positivo” to serve as the anthem for the upcoming World Cup in June, as well as “X” with Nicky Jam.
The Colombian reggaeton singer skyrocketed to international fame shortly after “Mi Gente” featuring Willy William was released on June 30th, 2017. The song hit number one on the Global Top 50 on Spotify and subsequently reached 1 billion views on YouTube. He secured his spot at the top, however, when he heard from Beyoncé’s team that her daughter, Blue Ivy, loved “Mi Gente.” According to J Balvin, he “asked her half-jokingly if she thought Beyoncé would want to jump on the remix. To my great surprise, she said yes, and the rest is history.” Now, he leads the list of finalists for the 2018 Billboard Latin Music Awards in nominations in 12 categories and will perform at the Awards in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in late September as part of his “Vibras” tour. Along the way, he managed to secure a Guinness World Record for the longest stay at no. 1 on the U.S. Hot Latin Songs chart by a single artist for his single “Ginza,” topping this chart for a staggering 22 weeks.
His mission? The pioneer and ambassador of reggaeton told Rolling Stone “I don’t just make music for people who like reggaeton…I’m down to change people’s minds, I’m down to just refresh the world.” And refresh he has—he’s made reggaeton accessible and partnered with countless talents spanning across genre lines to influence and evolve a truly global sound all its own.
The “Vibras” tour, produced by Live Nation, kicks off September 19th in Fresno, California and is scheduled to make stops in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Chicago, Las Vegas, Houston, and Salt Lake City, running until late October. Tickets went on sale on Friday, April 27th, so snatch them up while you can to join the reggaeton dance fest!
J Balvin 2018 Tour Dates:
- Sept. 19 — Fresno, CA @ Selland Arena
- Sept. 20 — Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena
- Sept. 21 — San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
- Sept. 23 — Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
- Sept. 26 — Salt Lake City, UT @ Vivint Smart Home Arena
- Sept. 28 — Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Center
- Sept. 29 — Phoenix, AZ @ Comerica Theatre
- Sept. 30 — El Paso, TX @ Don Haskins Center
- Oct. 3 — Laredo, TX @ Laredo Energy Arena
- Oct. 4 — Houston, TX @ Smart Financial Center
- Oct. 5 — Dallas, TX @ The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- Oct. 6 — Edinburg, TX @ Bert Ogden Arena
- Oct. 7 — San Antonio, TX @ Freeman Coliseum
- Oct. 10 — Minneapolis, MN @ The Armory
- Oct. 11 — Milwaukee, WI @ Wisconsin Entertainment & Sports Center
- Oct. 12 — Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
- Oct. 13 — Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
- Oct. 14 — Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
- Oct. 18 — Boston, MA @ Agannis Arena
- Oct. 19 — Reading, PA @ Santander Arena
- Oct. 20 — Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
- Oct. 21 — Fairfax, VA @ Eagle Bank Arena
- Oct. 24 — Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum Complex
- Oct. 25 — Nashville, TN @ Municipal Auditorium
- Oct. 26 — Atlanta, GA @ Infinite Energy Center
- Oct. 27 — Tampa, FL @ USF Sun Dome
- Oct. 28 — Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
For product reviews, gift ideas, and latest deals, Subscribe to the SnGlam Finds newsletter.